We offer Econscious t-shirts made exclusively of organic cotton, bringing you eco-friendly products manufactured with the highest possible environmental and vegan standards, in combination with our 100% organic and vegan print inks. Our organic cotton is also GMO-free and certified by USDA and GOTS. Moreover, the t-shirts are certified vegan by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
Why Organic? Here are the environmental benefits of organic cotton
- Organic cotton uses 71% less water and 62% less energy – The cotton grown organically is 80% rain-fed, which reduces pressure on local water sources. The absence of chemicals also means that water is cleaner and safer.
- A percentage of the sales is donated to environmental organizations – Our manufacturer donates a part of the sales to environmental non-profits that are working to restore, protect, and advocate for our home, planet earth.
- Contain absolutely no Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) – Buying organic products ensures that zero of the proceeds of the t-shirt you are buying go to Monsanto.
- Reduce global warming – Organic farms pull CO2 out of the atmosphere as much as three times the rate of conventional farming practices and release less CO2 into the atmosphere because it does not rely on chemical fertilizers and herbicides. Reversing climate change is achievable by farming organically, according to studies.
- Promote bio-diversity – Insect and birdlife has been found to be as much as 50% greater on organic farms than on conventional farms
- Social & Economic Benefits – Organic cotton promotes safe work & better livelihoods. Growing organic cotton keeps farmers and their families safe. They are not exposed to toxic chemicals in the field or through their food and water supply. It also means farmers grow more than one crop which supplements their food and income.
Organic and vegan certifications
Our organic t-shirts are certified 100% organic and approved by the USDA under strict production and labeling requirements, including annual inspections by the certifier. The cotton is also certified by Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and Control Union (SKAL). Cotton clothing is only organic if it is certified to an organic cotton standard – we guarantee no greenwashing!
Shop without being complicit in animal cruelty – Our organic t-shirts do not use any animal-derived fibers and are not tested on animals. Econscious, the manufacturer of our organic products, has partnered with PETA Approved Vegan to get certified 100% vegan and approved by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
Our eco-friendly printing inks are also certified vegan and organic.
Source: In 2014, Textile Exchange commissioned a Life Cycle Assessment on organic cotton and found significant, measurable environmental benefits compared to conventional.
- READ MORE: Advantages of our 100% organic t-shirts (PETA Approved Vegan)
- Ethical Guidelines – Manufacturer’s Code of Conduct and working conditions
- Fair labor certifications
- Eco-responsibility, environment-friendly practices, and use of non-chemical inks
- Are your products vegan? Do you source from manufacturers testing on animals?
- Origin of our fair trade certified cotton
- Why are we boycotting Uzbekistan Cotton?
- Where are the t-shirts printed and produced?
- Information on locally produced t-shirts
- Browse our “organic t-shirts” section